Welcome to Hound Parish Council Website

Kickboxing Poster
Click on the poster to download a copy.

To view or print the latest planning committee agenda, please click here.

Hampshire County Council
Have released this document to keep residents of Hampshire aware of current scams being perpetrated throughout the county.

Weather Advice
Hampshire County Council have posted this Weather Advice to help keep everyone informed with practical help and contact numbers.

Please note that the coastal path between Beach Lane and the boundary with Vitalise (Waterside House) has a large hole in it at present. Hound PC is working to get this area surveyed and repaired, but in the meantime, please heed weather warnings and do not walk along there.

The Hard area outside the Royal Victoria Country Park is also very exposed to the elements - members of the public are asked to stay away from this area.

Hound Parish Council has closed the section of sea wall path that runs from Beach Lane to Waterside House. Due to the recent heavy rainfall, winds and the natural destructive power of the sea, it has unfortunately collapsed onto the beach. Therefore the Council urges Parishioners to avoid the path, as the area is structurally unsafe, and poses a serious hazard.

Behind Abbey Wall 01 Behind Abbey Wall 02
Behind Abbey Wall 03
Behind Abbey Wall 04
Cricket Field Path 02
Storm damage
Cricket Field Path 01


Sea viewHound is a village and civil parish in the borough of Eastleigh in southern Hampshire, England. The parish encompasses the villages of Netley Abbey, Butlocks Heath and Old Netley and includes such landmarks as Netley Castle and Netley Abbey Ancient Monument. In the 2001 census, the parish had a headcount of 6,846 living in 2,928 households.

The 1868 National Gazetteer described the parish as being in the Hundred of "Mainsbridge" and containing Sholing and Woolston as well as Netley. The land was mainly arable farmland at this point, with some pasture and woodland, including a substantial amount of common land. The parish is recorded from about 1370, when John de Bothby, Lord Chancellor of Ireland, held the living of Hound.